Paul found this dresser at the Salvation Army store,
it had some pulls missing, but other than that it was in perfect shape! Paul and I sanded the dresser, and I filled the drawer pull holes with putty, I didn't mind too much that 2 pulls were missing, since these pulls were very cheap looking versions of a style I usually really like.
It took 4 coats of orange paint to cover the dresser properly, (I think orange is somewhat similar to red in that sense.) and then I hand sanded back all of the edges, and then wiped on an Early American stain, waited an hour and then did one coat of satin poly. I don't have any in progress pictures, because coat 4, the sanding, the stain, and poly were all done in one afternoon while I was on a marathon phone call with my sister in Colorado, it was so funny I couldn't believe we talked that long! (Love You Becca!)
so here is the finished dresser,
Miss Emmie can only see in the top drawer if on tippy toes, but I figure I just need to blink and she will be taller! (and until then we can store rarely used stuff in that drawer.)
I added white ceramic pulls from Hobby Lobby, into newly drilled center holes,
I like the pop of brightness that the white adds, and I think that they still feel inline with the piece.
We added 3 brass hooks per side (also from Hobby Lobby) to hold her necklaces and other treasures, she is a big fan of jewelry, and we figured this was a great way to keep things tangle free and as she becomes a teen, I think the look and feel will stay right on target for her.
I only have 2 more dressers I have re-made that I haven't shared with you now! (them my insane search for storage will possibly stop bombarding you!) The one for Isaac's room, and one I just finished yesterday since I only refinished it on a whim rather then donating or selling the unfinished piece I already owned on craigslist. (It's the new entertainment stand for our TV in Korea.) Anyway, I would love to hear what you think of all this ORANGE!